Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Letter from Rejection

Its been a month since I ran across downtown, while up for 28 hours finishing my portfolio for University of Westminster’s fashion design program. Feeling edgy and tired of seeing the stupid ucas tracker telling me that it is being evaluated, I wrote them an email:

Dear Nila,

How are you doing? I hope it is not as busy now!

I haven't heard from you in a while and I just thought I touch base with you. I am just wondering in regards to my application to the Fashion Design program, how will I be notified of the results?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist the evaluation process.

Best regards,

Steven

And to my dismay, she responded quite quickly:

Dear Steven



Thank you, for your email. I was away last few days, I have know got the results from the tutor, & I am sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful . You need to improve on your drawing and research skills at degree level.



Best Wishes.



Regards

Nila Gandhi

I hate it when the best wishes its like pity wishes. Although I was sorta glad that basically helped me choose Central St. Martins without having to think anymore about it, it at the same time confirmed the idea that I got accepted as a fluke.

Again I feel like a fraud and the feeling of rejection washes over me. These emotions, when I read it, it never mounts to anything. But when you feel it, clichés just pop off your mouth like swear words outta a trucker’s mouth.

Fearing rejection, I almost don’t want to apply for Project Runway Canada anymore. Knowing that it will only lead to embarrassment and rejection, I wonder why I wanted to apply in the first place. Guess it is about fame? I hope Andy Warhol is right. I am just waiting for my 15 seconds.

No comments: